In Search of Pygmies
OK, here goes...
actually, here doesn't go cuz I don't even know where to start. Did I
like it? More like ADORED it. I've never done it this way before, but
today I guess I'll just go along by my comments... Now, here's where
it REALLY goes:
1. LOVED the opening scene. TOO funny. Cool car, btw. Also, is
anyone else getting a bit tired of her going from wavy to straight to
wavy to straight hair-wise every episode? It's like, settle down already!
Next week we're gonna have bangs... Heaven help us. (Actually, I
think they look cute!:))
2. "Good girls are almost extinct" - nothing could be truer. And not
just in Boston, hun. Gosh, I wish my ex would see this one!!!
3. I suspected Ling's true love would be some "outsider", but never
expected something like this... Also, I kinda figured that he wouldn't
be a recurring character - something had to happen. But more on that
4. Ally!!! The more I watch, the more I realize you need your copy of
"The Rules" updated... First of all, you don't just ram into some guy
like that. Sure, you got his attention - but, as illustrated, you also got
into major trouble!!!
5. Second of all, CUTE??? C'mon, you've GOT to be kidding me.
Maybe I have weird taste, or maybe I'm picky (notice I used "ex"
before... does that give away something about me???), but that guy
was NOT worth ruining the front of an expensive car for!!!
6. SOMEONE get me accquainted with her costume manager!!! I
would DIE for that white blouse thingy she wore when Dennis first
came into her office...
7. OK, I admit it, I've met guys with awful traits and/or habits, but
nothing comes CLOSE to this guy's laugh... I was seriously
considering earplugs at some points in the ep.
8. AS I SUSPECTED THEY'D DO, they left the Georgia thing
hanging... As much of an avid defender for "Ally" as I am, it was an
unrealistic situation to just leave it be. After a lawsuit of THOSE
proportions, you don't just walk off into the evening merrily holding
hands and get dropped in the next episode... This is REALLY starting
to bug me - David leaves important plots HANGING. Remember
Greg??? Didn't she get another date with him??? WHAT
HAPPENED????????? DAVID - first tie up loose ends and THEN go
off exploring new horizons...
9. OH MY... that was so sad:*(... My eyes were Niagra when Ling
was talking to Marty in the hospital...
10. And to finish my thoughts: I loved the contrasts in this episode...
How one scene is really serious and the next is hilarious:) You get
the best of both sides of "Ally", I guess, and it's episodes like this
that make it a really great dramedy:)
Anyhow, hope that didn't bore anyone to death...